(A) “Marijuana has intoxicating effects and may be habit forming and addictive;”
(B) “Marijuana impairs concentration, coordination, and judgment. Do not operate a vehicle or machinery under its influence;”
(C) “There are health risks associated with consumption of marijuana”
(D) “For use only by adults twenty-one and older. Keep out of the reach of children;” and
(E) “Marijuana should not be used by women who are pregnant or breast feeding;” -3AAC.306
Here are the rules for personal use of legal alaska weed.
- Just like liquor, adults 21 and over can possess, consume, and purchase products from a recreational weed store.
- All recreational products must be consumed in Alaska. You cannot travel home with it.
- The most you can possess at any one time is:
- One ounce (28 grams) of weed
- Marijuana-related paraphernalia
- Growing your own weed plants is legal for adults 21 and over.
- You may possess up to 6 plants for personal cultivation.
- No more than 3 plants may be flowering or mature plants.
- Any plants being grown must be done privately, away from public view in a secure place
- Sharing weed is legal between adults – you can share…
- One ounce or less of weed
- Up to 6 immature plants
Here’s answers to some common questions about legal Alaska weed.
Where can I legally purchase weed in Alaska?
Here’s a list of retail stores in Alaska that offer weed for purchase.
How old must a person be to posses legal weed in Alaska?
You must be 21 years of age, or older, to purchase weed legally in Alaska.
Can I drive after smoking weed?
- There is no “magic number” for the THC content in your blood that officially qualifies as drugged driving, as in Colorado and Washington.
- It is a crime to drive “while under the influence of an alcoholic beverage, intoxicating liquor, inhalant, or any controlled substance, singly or in combination.”
- With laws so murky, it’s best to never drive after consuming marijuana, no matter how little.
If caught, you can expect the following. Penalties for a first offense include:
- A fine of up to $1,500
- No less than 72 hours of jail time
- Your license suspended for 90 days
- Mandatory ignition interlock device
Can i travel home with my legal Alaska weed?
Don’t even think about to bringing weed into Alaska, even from states that have legalized weed. It is transporting weed across state lines, which is a felony.